Counsel for McKnight & Kitzinger
Nathan P. Karlsgodt is a Senior Litigation Associate at McKnight & Kitzinger. Mr. Karlsgodt is a member of both the Illinois and California bar, and is admitted to practice in both the Northern District of Illinois and the Southern District of California. Mr. Karlsgodt’s current practice is focused on representing business clients in commercial litigation and insurance coverage disputes in both state and federal courts. Mr. Karlsgodt has also handled a number of matters before the Illinois Appellate Court. Mr. Karlsgodt regularly litigates breach of contract claims, breach of fiduciary duty claims, consumer fraud claims, bad faith claims, reinsurance disputes and construction litigation claims. Mr. Karlsgodt also has substantial experience handling creditor’s rights litigation on behalf of a wide variety of financial institutions and homeowner’s associations.
Mr. Karlsgodt’s creditor’s rights experience includes collection efforts, forbearance agreements, debt restructuring and other workouts, bankruptcy counseling and litigation, consumer and commercial foreclosure actions in state and federal court, receiverships, and real estate purchase and sale transactions.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2009
- Illinois, 2009
- U.S. District Court for Southern District of California, 2008
- California, 2008
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California, 2008
- B.A. History, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, 2004
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- American Bar Association